Monday, November 3, 2008

Melatonin Day 2

A big thank you to all the positive feedback and good vibes I received from everyone regarding melatonin. We gave Mira a 1mg tablet last night and I only heard her once, again at 4am very briefly, and she was laughing! She went back to sleep and I didn't hear her stirring around until 6:15am, which was when Eli came storming up the stairs wanting to tell me all about his nightmare about giraffes. Note to self: no more nature shows before bed. Anyway, I think we will stay at 1mg before bedtime and go up if need be. Right now, melatonin is our friend!

I have been corresponding via email with Mira's neurologist about what we might try next, but I think we are not going down that path for at least a week or so to give Mira a break. Her neuro wants to think for a while on what might make sense at this point to control her seizures.

Let the good nights continue!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Here's hoping!!
Love,
Miss Kim

Rebounding said...

Nightmare about giraffes? Are you sure it was nature shows, and not that you guys were watching Saturday Night Live's latest show?

That's great news about the melatonin!

Marc said...

GIRAFFES! GIRAFFES! GIRAFFES! Yes, too funny on SNL! Maybe it was the fact that I was walking around all day Sunday singing that song.....

Danielle said...

SO glad the meli's working for you guys! Sleep...sweet sleep...

...danielle - trevy's mommy