Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Rett Syndrome

Being one of the more recognizable genetic manifestations in the world of epilepsy, Rett Syndrome (RTT) is often diagnosed through one of two associated genes, MECP2 and CDKL5. Mutations in the FOXG1 gene often fall under the same in the genetic diagnosis umbrella. One of the most surprising facts about the syndrome is that is primarily only affects girls, although there is inclusion criteria that can affect boys. All of the inclusion criteria for typical classic RTT are listed here, typically involving a period of normal development, that regress to a complete loss of language, purposeful hand movements, and a myriad of other neurological issues. Repetitive hand gestures often take the form of hand-wringing, clapping, or hand-rubbing. Unfortunately, seizures are quite common, thus Rett Syndrome is often synonymous with epilepsy.

Monica Coenraads, who is the executive director of the Rett Syndrome Research Trust, works tirelessly to generate research funding to drive the development of potential treatments. Her daughter Chelsea was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome. Most of the research targeted for RTT revolve around alleviating the symptoms, not necessarily focusing on a cure per se, since the genetic mutation(s) associated with Rett's are obviously permanent in nature. However, there have been clinical trials performed to help combat the symptoms, which include creatine therapy, IGF-1, and a few experimental drugs, including EPI-743, which targets specific mitochondrial functions. There is much promise in some of the ongoing studies, as some symptoms have actually been reversed in mice models.

At certain points through Mira's journey with epilepsy (back in the days of single-gene testing) several neurologists were highly suspicious that Mira had Rett Syndrome. Despite the inability to pinpoint any genetic specifics, with Mira (nothing related to MECP2, CDKL5, or FOXG1) she does have many of the hallmark features.

2 comments:

sarah morgan said...

SARAH MORGANc
Blogger SARAH MORGAN said...
WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT EVER HAPPEN TO MY LIFE. My name is sarah, i was sick of cancer for past two years. my mum and my sister have taken me to all kind of hospital and different places still yet no good result. my sister decided to go through the internet and search for cancer cure she find a lady called HUGHES LAURIE testimonies, to the world about the goodness Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine cure.
The man who know the herbal root to cure all kind of disease in all area the herbal man email is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com So we decided to contact the herbal man for my cancer to cure. My sister contacted him and told him
my problem he replied my sister that I should not worry that my cancer will be
cure, he also said that there is a herbal medicine that he is going to prepare for me to drink for three weeks to make me heal, that we are to only pay for the delivery services.. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my mum paid for the delivery services fee. four days later I received the herbal medicine from the courier services so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the three weeks complete i was healed completely and it was like a dream to me my mum and my sister we were very happy about the miracle of Dr Akhigbe. my mum wanted to pay him money the herbal man did not accept the offer from my mum, but , he only said that I should tell the world about the work of his herbal medicine so am now here telling the world now .He call his nick name as the godfather of herbalism, he also cures diseases like: HIV/AIDS,HERPES,CANCER,ALS,EPILEPSY, HEPATITIS A AND B,DIABETES. If you or your relative having any kind of diseases and you cant get cure from the hospital please email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatapp him on +2348142454860 he own the cure and will cure you.

Frederico Estevo said...

Am very happy today to share this amazing testimony on how Dr. Imoloa the herbal doctor was able to cure me from my Herpes Virus with his herbal medicine. I have been a herpes patient for almost 8 months now and have tried different methods of treatment to ensure that I am cured of this terrible disease, but none worked for me, so I had to leave everything to God to handle as I was a Christian who had faith that one day God would intervene in my life, yet I felt so sad and desperate as I was losing almost everything due to my illness, A few months ago while I was surfing the internet I saw different recommendation about Dr Imoloa on how he have been using his herbal Medicine to treat and cure people, these people advice we contact Dr. Imoloa for any problem that would help immediately, I contacted Dr Imoloa and I told him how I got his contact and also about my disease, after some time Dr. Imoloa told me to have faith that he would prepare for me a medication of herbal herbs, he told me I would take this medicine for two weeks and also asked my home  address so as possible for him to submit the drug for me, so my good friends after all the process and everything Dr Imoloa actually sent me the medicine, I took it as I was directed by Dr. Imoloa after two weeks passed, while on Dr.Imoloa medication I began to experience changes in my body, I had to call my doctor at the hospital for some blood test after test my hospital doctor told me that I was no longer with the herpes virus and my blood is pretty good, I can not even believe this, Friends well today i am Herpes Free and i want everyone to know that there is a cure for herpes for those who will contact Dr Imoloa after reading my testimony, you can kindly contact Dr. Imoloa Via e-mail/ (drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com)  or Whatssapp him on +2347081986098. God bless you all.