Sunday, December 18, 2016

Cautiously Optimistic

Mira woke up in a great mood this morning, as opposed to yesterday, where she was wailing and crying, most likely since she wasn't feeling well. Today was much better. She was energetic and smiling a lot all day. She kept clutching at her sweatshirt and her pants, pulling on them at random times throughout the day, but otherwise, she has been acting as she always has. Sarah and I have been cautiously giving her the toy to play with - only 2 times today, each for about 20 minutes. On both occasions, she was the one who wanted to stop playing, by trying to push it off the tray. Yet, after watching her both times, she didn't have a single twitch or jerk. However, she did have a few spasms in her bed, unrelated to her playing with the toy. I'm being cautiously optimistic about her having it, so we will continue to closely monitor her every time she is interacting with it.

Needless to say, I went on a quick hunt to have a backup toy for her and was extremely fortunate to find 2 of them on Ebay, both at a reasonable cost. I snatched them up quickly. We are talking about a toy that was produced only for one year, back in 1999, so trying to find this particular toy is a challenge. We have at least 7 or 8 of them at home, and all but one of them are non-functioning. The speakers go out, the board gets fried, or they just wear out. I felt I was extremely lucky yesterday, finding a few, 2 of which were listed under $50 each, when I saw a third one here on Amazon, for the ridiculous price of almost $300! There is some seriously overpriced ones out there, so I will continue to keep my eyes out for when the reasonable on come around.

No comments: